Supportive and collaborative research brings benefits to the entire health care system. Through the Team Grant, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI) is proud to support research mentorships that enable VCH staff and clinicians to exchange knowledge and build relationships with experienced researchers. These grants support collaboration between research mentors and VCH health care providers on applied research projects and improving health care providers’ practices.
The 2018 Team Grant recipients are:
- Natalie Choy, registered dietitian, Richmond Public Health—Community and Family Health, VCH
- Hilda Fernandez, suicide intervention counsellor, Mental Health and Substance Use Outpatient Services, VCH
- Sheena King, clinical specialist—physiotherapy, Amputee Outpatient Program, G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre, VCH
- Cindy Luo, clinical pharmacy specialist, Solid Organ Transplant, VGH
- Bernd Mueller, social worker, Three Bridges Community Health Centre, VCH
- Teddi Orenstein, cardiologist, Richmond Hospital, VCH
- Belle Selkirk, mental health therapist, Mental Health and Substance Use Outpatient Services, VCH
- Colleen Stewart, Aboriginal patient navigator, Aboriginal Health, VCH
The Team Grants are made possible with the generous support of the Richmond Hospital Foundation, Vancouver Community Health Research Fund and VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation in partnership with VCHRI.
Read the full announcement and learn more about projects at vchri.ca.